[CUP #9] iCTF 5vs5 Draft: About, maplist and rules

[CUP #9] iCTF 5vs5 Draft: About, maplist and rules

Postby 1st place [Cup #8]. ShX » 30 Dec 2012, 00:57

IT'S NOT A CUP IN WHICH YOU'RE SIGNING WITH YOUR WHOLE TEAM. YOU'RE JOINING IN AS INDIVIDUAL PERSON. READ THE WHOLE TOPIC TO GET TO KNOW THE RULES OF THE IDEA.

In the 9th year of UT2004, it's hard to find a team or some stout friends who have been playing together for years; Teams which were around for years or many seasons have come and gone. Nowadays the game is full of players who long for the days of old with solid ties to a clan or players who have always played solo...

cluex.org is proud to announce the creation of an iCTF 5v5 draft league! The draft system (detailed below) was deemed by Cluex.org to be a fun way for players of all skill levels to have fun and play in a (reasonably) fair competition without fear of being completely out-classed and out-played.

It's a chance to create new bonds with players you may not have heard about or seen before in the game - it's a chance to play a gametype you may not have tried previously.
As said previously, the idea here is to have fun, and perhaps win a bit of money for good measure!

Cup name: [CUP #9] iCTF 5vs5
Team-size: 5vs5
Type: group-stage, play-offs (single elimination)
Maplist:

CTF-Access-PRO
CTF-Betrayal-2k4_RC3
CTF-Brokenlimits- PRO[RC2]
CTF-Citadel
CTF-Drain-Pro
CTF-Drunklet-PRO2
CTF-DukuCB-iCTF
CTF-FP-Anfractuous-PRO2
CTF-Fragtion-CB2
CTF-LavafuryWID-A2K
CTF-MoB-Campgrounds3-REV
CTF-Rankin-PRO
CTF-SprintaCB-iCTF
CTF-Sulphur-PRO2
CTF-Switchback-PRO2
CTF-Turbo_beta_02
CTF-UCMP4-Talya
CTF-Zepu-CB

Anticheat: AntiTCC6
Opening Sign-ups: 30.12.2012
Closing Sign-ups: 03.02.2013
Arranging the salary of each participant: 03.02.2013 - 10.02.2013
Groups announced:
Cup duration:

Prize: Cash (100€) (Undecided as to whether or not there will be a prize or not - stay tuned) + depending on signups (possibly dividing the money into divisions in case of bigger amount of signups)

So, how does this so called "Draft League" work then, oh wise and noble Cluex.org overlords?
1.A good question, our dear, dear peasants!. All signed up players will be given a price (these prices or salaries are based on the skill level of a player. The higher a price/salary, the more skilled a player is. The opposite can be said for a lower price/salary).
2. There will be multiple drafts of the proposed values before the start of the season.
3. Only captains will be able to pick players for their teams; A team's capital may not exceed a set amount of .... € (We're able to provide a number whenever the players salaries are published).
4. All the captains will meet one day on a private IRC channel to draft their teams; if a captain cannot be present, he can be substituted by a responsible person before hand, a co-captain; if no-one will show up, this captain's picks will be made automatically (picking a player with the highest value).
5. At the start of the draft, the captain with lowest price/salary value will pick first, and so on, in one-by-one fashion.
6. Each captain is obligated to pick 8 players (for iCTF), which must NOT go over the pre-determined budget.
7. The players who are not picked will stay in reserve or a free agents list; These players still have a chance to play in the draft if first choice picks are not present for the first two matches of the season or inactivity by means of a player trade.
8. If there are enough teams, they will be divided into divisions based on the total price/salary of the team.
9. Teams should play at least one match per week.
10. A Map-weeks system will be forced in this cup. This means that pre-determined maps will be played each week.
11. ServerSideDemos (with a minimum of 45 FPS) are necessary; In the event this is not possible all players should record client-side demos
12. Match arrangement is possible via PMing captains/members of a team on Cluex.org or by messaging them via #cK.ut
13. ... teams are getting to the playoffs (We're able to provide a number whenever the signups phrase is done)
14. Each game will be played in a BO3 system, with the exception of the playoffs - they will be BO5

My humble Lord and Masters, how many points are earned by a team if they win?
Each map won will earn you 2 points, however the decider map gives 1 point only.

My great omnipotent idols, are there any servers provided by cluex.org that we could use to play our practise and official matches?
Of course, these server can be used by you whenever they're free.
:de: 95.156.230.72:55500
:de: 95.156.230.72:55600
:de: 95.156.230.72:55700
:de: 95.156.230.72:55800
:de: 95.156.230.72:55900
:de: 31.170.31.16:7777 Password: cKwned

My Cluex.org deities, how do we arrange matches? And are we able to reschedule these matches?
You will need to PM the opponent's captain or the members of the team in question, via cluex.org or the IRC channel #cK.ut (which is our official channel </shameless plug>).

Your most handsome highnesses, what happens if a team doesn't agree to the rules proposed by another team?
As the only thing to argue about is TickRate, we're going back to basics, meaning TickRate is going to 45.

My liege, what are my responsibilities as a captain?
You will be responsible for arranging matches, any training your team may do to prepare for up-coming games, picking maps, picking lineups and providing match dates to your great and wonderful admins (US!).

Your worship, my captain is no longer active enough to manage the team! What do we do?!
To prevent situations like this, two (2) members of each team will become trustees, which means a great deal of (potential) responsibility. Their roles will be to help out with adminstrative tasks the captain has to do (ideally) or simply help out when the captain is otherwise unavailable or inactive.

My humble lordship, a player is no longer active and is not able to play matches! What do we do?!
You could and should trade that player for an active one in the reserves/free agent list. However, this is only possible if you have enough money to pay that player's price/salary. Also, you will not be able to trade a lower salary player with a high salary player for the sake of team balance; thusly, you will only be allowed to trade a player who has a similar salary in the free agents list.

My noble and gracious leaders! I am not being treated fairly. My captain does not let me play any matches. What do I do?!
If such a situation arises, please do not be afraid to bring it to the attention of the admins. We will organise a meeting between you and your team captain along with the administrative team and discuss the situation.
If nothing comes of this, you will be allowed to be put into the reserves/free agents list and your captain will have to trade.

My dignified friends! Am I allowed to cheat in any of your cup games? What bribes do you take? I hear ShX was bribed by ziLL with 5 pale skinned virgins during the last cup. Is this true?
Cheating of ANY kind is unacceptable and NOT tollerated under any circumstances (unless 5 pale skinned virgins are provided). If someone is caught cheating they will be removed forthwith and will be banned from successive draft seasons. The same can be said with the likes of fake-nicking as other player(s) in official match(es).

Those claims against ShX have (thus far) proven to be false. However, we are currently investigating these claims. Or at least we will. Right after we entertain these fine pale-skinned beauties someone sent to our door...

Where do I sign-up?
Instructions on how to sign-up is here: http://cluex.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2839

Who should I contact if I want to be a sponsor of this cup?
There are multiple ways of doing this! Either send me private message on this forum, or you can contact me via my e-mail address: fifipiw1@gmail.com

Please feel free to join #Project.iCTF2004 or #utleague.pickup for some practice, get used to the gametype and so on.

We're really hoping that this will be a worth-while event with action-packed fun for all. Please help us make it a great success by being active and playing this game we all love so very much. Good luck, have fun!
Greetings,
ShX.
1st place [Cup #8]. ShX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [CUP #9] iCTF 5vs5 Draft: About, maplist and rules

Postby cLx » 30 Dec 2012, 20:20

this made me laugh!! funny! =) And a good idea!!! Count me in! =)
cLx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1st place [Cup #9] PunkFloyd » 30 Dec 2012, 21:07

Sounds like a Great idea!
I'm in :geek:
1st place [Cup #9] PunkFloyd

Postby 1st place [Cup #8]. ShX » 30 Dec 2012, 21:54

cLx, PunkFloyd => If you're want to be a part of this cup, please post your desire in this topic, with the described there scheme.
Greetings,
ShX.
1st place [Cup #8]. ShX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DSK » 30 Dec 2012, 23:56

I knew there was something odd about ziLL winning that 1v1 cup!
DSK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby !blàdé » 02 Jan 2013, 01:20

1: Happy new year every1 ;)
2: Nice work to keep ut alive fifi and the rest!
3: Count me in(but only available february upwards!)
greets Blade
!blàdé

Postby LiquidGilera » 02 Jan 2013, 11:02

Hi,

Campgrounds, Turbo and Zepu are the uselessd maps ever in ut2k4. I cant believe this maps are added in a non-CB-cup.
And like CB, more maps than Clans/Players...

Letz play just the "classical" maps without a super big mappool.

greetz
Gilera
LiquidGilera

Postby 1st place [Cup #8]. ShX » 02 Jan 2013, 15:45

LiquidGilera wrote:Campgrounds, Turbo and Zepu are the uselessd maps ever in ut2k4. I cant believe this maps are added in a non-CB-cup.

Hello, it's great to see you on board.

First of all, the maplist was made to be enough big for the cup, we're all about. As it was mentioned in the cup rules, here we're gonna have map-weeks. I am hoping for at least 5 weeks of group-stage in each group, this stands for 10 different maps which are gonna be played. For each week, there will be different decider map, so we're closing into number of 15 maps. The total maplist is made of 18 maps, so only 3 titles of 18 are useless, but only in the group-stage. Noone has seen the map-weeks, neither they were made already.

LiquidGilera wrote:Letz play just the "classical" maps without a super big mappool.

And that's the thing I am not fighting for. My personal mission is to bring some new, unknown or old maps to all my cups. By that kind of experience we're able to judge during the cup if the map is worth giving try in the another cups or community definately didn't like it.

Be prepared, that map-week maps won't consiste of only known maps. There will be at least one known and one unknown or rather underplayed in each map-week. Just to bring more fun into the ranks.
Greetings,
ShX.
1st place [Cup #8]. ShX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DSK » 02 Jan 2013, 21:54

LiquidGilera wrote:Hi,

Campgrounds, Turbo and Zepu are the uselessd maps ever in ut2k4. I cant believe this maps are added in a non-CB-cup.

Letz play just the "classical" maps without a super big mappool.

greetz
Gilera

I fail to see how having more maps and a greater variety of choices is a bad thing.

If there are maps that nobody plays, put time and effort into learning and playing them in scrims with your team.

Then again, I am a person who could play TDM on Rankin all day and never get bored of it so in one respect I can understand what you are saying, but I'm not so sure as to what you are meaning in regards to CB and the map pool. Is the proposed map pool good or bad, or just not something CB would propose?

Constructive criticism is good criticism :D
DSK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LiquidGilera » 03 Jan 2013, 00:26

Hmm ok, Roger that.
LiquidGilera

Next

Return to Announcements